Do you use brain games to enhance your mental performance?

• Do you use brain games to enhance your mental performance?

Anonymous updated 2 years ago 3 Members · 7 Posts
  • Anonymous

August 16, 2018 at 7:23 pm

I used to use Lumosity regularly. I understand they’ve not been proved to work, but BrainHQ has. Do any of you use BrainHQ? I understand it’s available for free to U.S. servicemembers.

• Anonymous

August 19, 2018 at 12:30 am

This is interesting. I’ve used Luminosity before for a month and I get better at the a game but not certain if it paid off in fluid intelligence. I haven’t used BrainHQ but what did have you heard about it? Does it actually improve cognitive function and in what way? IQ, memory, reaction time?

mfkwong

• Anonymous

August 19, 2018 at 7:49 am

@mfkwong According to the BrainHQ site, the exercises improve “attention, brain speed, memory, people skills, navigation, and intelligence.” They offer dozens of peer-reviewed scientific papers to prove it.
    I need to figure out how to get a free account.

• Anonymous

August 19, 2018 at 8:11 am

Brain plasticity: A whole new idea for cops
    Recent brain research has tremendous impact in the way officers can now train and increase the power of their brains https://www.policeone.com/Officer-Safety/articles/4274527-Brain-plasticity-A-whole-new-idea-for-cops/

• Anonymous

August 19, 2018 at 1:40 pm

@fred A lot of people could use this, for sure. Have you had any success with it?

• Anonymous

August 19, 2018 at 1:52 pm

John Demand who wrote the piece is a friend of mine and yes it works. Exercising or what I like to call training the brain can come in the form of computer games like luminosity and others or we can develop with decision making exercises like tactical decision games or free play force on force xercises as well. The key is to exercise the mind like we do our bodies .

• Anonymous

September 24, 2018 at 4:04 pm

I finally got set up with the free account with Brain HQ. It was pretty easy with an MWR Library account. I don’t think it expires after ETS. Apparently they are trying to use it to help Veterans with TBI as well. @vincentkhenryii you should check it out.

BrainHQ for Soldiers and Veterans

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 posts

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now