Would you be willing to have a firearm surgically implanted?

• Would you be willing to have a firearm surgically implanted?

• Anonymous

August 5, 2018 at 3:40 pm

It’s an intriguing concept. Is it useful? I’m not sure. Do we have the technology? I think we might.

What are your thoughts on this concept? Would you be willing to have your body augmented this way?

• ststaff

Organizer
    August 6, 2018 at 1:49 pm

Very interesting. We are having trouble thinking of what the application would be. If the purpose is to be “low-vis” the problem with that is in the event of compromise or capture it is very difficult to explain a gun implant! Also, how would upgrades, weapons maintenance and malfunctions work? Interesting concept for sure but it seems like there could be a lot of complications. Looking forward to hearing others opinions too.

• Anonymous

August 6, 2018 at 4:36 pm

@ST good thoughts. Applications I see would be for pilots, so they don’t have to worry about accessing their survival kits; and for ground troops, to have a less cumbersome sidearm that’s faster to ‘draw.’
    I reckon upgrades would require an entirely new surgery in most cases, and both maintenance and malfunctions would have to be very simple.
    I don’t think I’d want one, but it’s an interesting idea that I thought fit well into the focus of this group.

• ststaff

Organizer
    August 6, 2018 at 5:45 pm

Yes absolutely a good topic to bring up. These sort of enhancement ideas (bio suits, implants, DNA modifications) are very much a hot topic and it’s important to discuss them or we could end up going down paths that are counterproductive in real combat. We would be interested to hear more opinions in favor of this sort of implant. We share your opinion that we would prefer the “non-implanted gun” personally.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 posts

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now